Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Thoughts of a GY (who is on leave)

OK OK... I have finally gotten down to it, writing this entry after numerous GYing by the blokes... So here goes the long list of random rants:-
Maybe I should start with the numerous updates on the happenings recently, of which the most recent would be the GY-LS outing. Now the mere mention of this is enough to make my balls explode.
It all started innocously with the BBQ when Fatboy, GYPoh, Repeat and yours truly were Marboroing ourselves and one of us (forgot who) suggested a GY-LS outing:
GY : Ey, what shall we do for GYPoh's farewell?
GY2 : GY farewell confirm must go LS outing lah!!!
Repeat : Hearsay XXXXX just re-open leh... Go there lah! Make it a 1x (jialat)2 for him lah. I on, I on.
Free-er : Dunno leh, maybe cannot take leave...
Since it would only be a few weeks before GYPoh leaves for Down Under, I thought that it would be a bloody good idea from Repeat for once. There and then we already had Fatboy, Repeat GYPoh and myself confirmed for the trip up north.
- 1 week later at some shite drinking place in Boat Quay -
At this point in time we had managed to get more true-blooded GYs for the outing, with the exception of GYAl, who kept our brains working overtime thinking of the perfect excuse for him to explain to someone to go. Makes me wonder why he was there drinking with us sitting at the same table. Ahhh, fug it man, 1 wussy isn't going to dampen our mood. Besides, we were pretty sure that we would DEFINITELY be able to get the VIP room. It was a fruitful night by any means. We had the original 4 of us, with GY1.6metres, his friend SOng, and LoboYeo. Hmmm, we've got a problem now: we need ONE more to make it the perfect 8 so that transport would be "swee-swee" split into 4 a car. "Relak", said GYPoh, "I've got standby personnel". First on my mind was Free-er (at that time, he had not been vindicated). OK lah, we are going to have a good time man.
- D Day H-Hour -
After countless rounds of SMS tennis with the various key personnel, GYPoh, Fatboy and me realised that we have been GYed. With bloody lame reasons. Repeat is probably on the top of our hitlist now. I mean, he could call us and say that he was eveready to go, even mentioning that he was carrying his passport with him already and yet in a space of 5 frigging minutes, say something like "I can't go liao. Friend picking me up. Bye!" 1 down.
Next up was GY1.6metres. Not much to say, because that sonofagun changed his handphone without even telling us. I still do not have his new number. Should have called his HOUSE number, "Hello, Auntie ah. Huh? GY1.6m not in? Can you tell him that we are meeting him at XXX for GY LS outing if he comes back? And by the way, remember to pass him some Ringgit. Bye!" 2 down.
What followed was a SMS reply from SOng giving that boring excuse of having to work the next day. I mean, come on man, we have got 28 days of MC entitlement right? 3 down.
Free-er didn't seem very keen on the onset, so that passed by eventlessly, except for the fact that I would rue his absence, since he had a bit of a reputation for being rather generous. 4 down.
And the king-of-lameshit-reason award probably should go to One. You would have to think of the most lame reason you can think of and that's not even enough. Have to multiply by 10. Square it. Yup. And it's something like this; "I don't think I can go man. I just got home (probably around 9+ at night) and my parents will be angry with me if I go out again....." When GYPoh told me that, I had a strong urge to put my thumb in my mouth and chew it off....... For the love of god, HOW FREAKING OLD ALREADY?!?!?!?! 25 years old and you have a freaking curfew to follow?!?!?!?!
There you have it.
3 GYs who had been GYed big time eventually spent the night watching some lousy football at some lousy pub putting up with the warm tepid air and not a single babe in sight.
And if any of you GYs are reading this and are damn pissed off, I gotta tell you this man: Just too bad. Should have told us that you were not interested/not free/any donkey reason ON THE ONSET, NOT on the onset of the H-Hour when we were about to move off...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

applause... I have to say your article is simply hilarious haha.... You should really write more often

Anonymous said...

hey i must say well written and humorous! and poh has fudged the truth! i never say i cant go out. wat i said was" if we gog johor i cant as i need to go to work tmr. if planned earlier, i can take leave to go!" poh call me like 5 min before H hrs and asking me to go off immediately?? poh u liar!!!!!!!

and i suggested doing it in sing whereby i can go home, catch a bit of nap then go to work.
so thats e truth and nothing but the truth! still, if there are ls outing no.2 , tell me earlier. i onz.