Sunday, September 18, 2005

Halfway Mark

It's been 2 weeks of independent living in a big city. As of now, my report card has been squeaky clean. Which is kinda a bad thing considering I try to keep it full of red marks... Only interesting aspect I've gotten to see was a visit to a considerably high class night time establishment. I have to say it's a touch different from the usual watering holes that we patronise back home.

Things I've learnt about myself:

  1. I can't do laundry for shite. My socks shrank after my 1st attempt.
  2. I can't get used to the weather. Weather in Sydney is unpredictable. Nice and cooling 1 day, shite-ass freezing the nice day. Which leads to point 3.
  3. I need warmer suits.
  4. Grocery shopping is a pain in the ass. Never liked it.
  5. Aussie chicks are hot. At least most are.

Other than that, I'm empty. But I've been around town visiting the local touristy spots. Quite a few pictures taken. But having dial up is a bitch and given my extraordinary high level of patience, all shall be treated to a feast of pictures. By feast I mean a small bowl of wanton mee with soup.



Beautiful Sydney Opera House at sunset. Had to rush there to catch this shot after work. Stayed across the harbour waiting for a good shot. Then a yatch passed by and made it perfect! This is my best picture yet!
Sydeny Harbour Bridge at night. Restaurants by the harbour with a view like this... What's more to say?

Paddy's market. Sydney's version of a pasar malam. Except it doesn't open at night. And only on weekends. So maybe it's not like a pasat malam...

Chinatown. All men are brothers it says. Anyway not much of a sight.

4 Rolls Royce outside St Mary's Cathedral! Aussie cricketeer Brett Lee was getting married. Or his brother... Not too sure. But this will be something I won't be seeing soon that's for sure.

Right, I wanted to upload more but this connection is shite. So _!_ all and I'll see what I can do next time round. See you all in 2 weeks time.

No comments: