Sunday, February 25, 2007

Celebrations

Not much of a CNY mood here in Aussie land. Juz realised I didn't post pics of a more widely celebrated event... which took place about 1 month back...

26 Jan, Australia Day.

I was honestly trying to get a pic of their police on horses.

Spot the 16 aircrafts flying past.

The fireworks display lasted 30 mins. Watch until sian.

Speaking of fireworks, on a pathetic Lao Yusheng ( the yusheng was pathetic, i would reserve my comments on the crowd that I Lao-ed with) session last night, I heard from some malaysians that you can actually buy a box of 88 fireworks at RM400 in Malaysia . According to the malaysian, she claims that they are pretty much of the same magnitude of ... the kind of fireworks which we see at events like New Year or National day. I would certainly like to try lighting up fireworks myself one day.

But for now I guess I have to settle for firecrackers and lion dances.

Outside one of the chinese restaurants in Northbridge area. (possibly the chinatown of Perth)

No comments: