Saturday, August 11, 2007

My five minute take

The blog's been a bit on the slow side of late, thus I have decided to post this entry.

It's about the two films with I have watched over the last month (I watched more than two, but these two sort of stays in my mind)

I CANNOT understand what is it about Transformers. Every single one whom I have spoken to have told me that they like the film.

Fine. The CGI are cool. The soundtrack is respectable.

But the story does not make sense! Why would they want to go the city in the last major fight scene??? So that MORE lives will be lost?? Can't they do it in the desert??

"More than meets the eye" was spoken so many a times that it was CHEESY. Argh!

1 star out of 5



In stark contrast, I felt 881 by Royston Tan was a masterpiece.

It is almost like a Hokkien musical with some really good songs written for the film. Mindee Ong and Yeo Yann Yann are flawless as a double act. Royston has proven that you don't need a huge budget and fancy CGI (read: Transformer) to tell a compelling story.

Go catch 881 - support local, for if not no one will.

No comments: