Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Aberdeen Entry

The bulk of my trip was to do with meetings and endless presentations, so I'm not gonna bother you with those dreadful details.

On days when work wasn't the main activity on the agenda, I managed to see some pretty awesome sights!
Take this chick by the window, for example.

Aberdeen City's great to stroll around. Superb air, fine weather, lovely buildings and what's best, there's like a pub every 20 meters. Guess there's really nothing much to do but drink for a city that hits sub 10 deg celsius in temperatures for most parts of the year.

I bunked in with the rest of the team at the Holiday Inn Express along Chapel Street. My room felt like an Ikea showroom somehow. Quite an experience, I must say.

Here are some sights of the city:

Ever so often, I ditch the standard camera shots for something a lil' more avant garde.

More Aberdeen city sights below:


I got to reach the source of my poison and learnt more of its manufacturing process when the team paid a visit to the Glenfiddich whiskey distillery. Here're some pictures of the distillery.


"Oh show me the way to the next whiskey bar"



We had some time on the final day. What the heck! We decided that you ain't been to Scotland if you haven't seen a real castle. We took a train down to a little town called Stonehaven and made our way to Dunnottar Castle.

The pile of blackness sitting on top of the smoky cliff behind me is actually Dunnottar Castle

I took this flight of stairs down, only to find... ...

A bunch of seagulls making out. Apparrently, its the gull mating season. Looks like everyone needs some lovin' like the sunshine from time to time huh...

Well, the meeting's history and I've since degenerated into Edward Norton's character in Fight Club. Overworked, underpaid and in need of another "business trip" soon. Till the next one fellas...

No comments: