Thursday, March 23, 2006

European Travels

No stories of past glory to regal on my side. Truth is, all that remains in my memory of the past decade or so was a bunch of GYs doing their best to make a fool of themselves and of everyone else... Ah... Good times...

As my body and the velvet sofa of my apartment slowly merge into one, with the sounds of desperate Newcastle fans edging their team on coming from the telly, it is perhaps time to commit the travels I have made in this faraway land on paper (or blog). Updates have been far and few, mostly due to the exasperating speed of my internet connection.

Time edges ever closer to the end of my stay here in London. Dreary and bone-chilling weather it may be, but somehow the rustic charm of this old english city has made me reluctant to bide it my adieu. There's just something about London that draws you in. Nevertheless, brothers back home rejoice and the foxy ladies beware, for April 4th marks the triumphant return of GYPoh!

Back to the topic at hand. Over the space of 2 months, the cities of Paris and Amsterdam were touched by the fire that is me. A painfully slow connection speed coupled with a tolerance rivalled only by a jihad warrior for infidels prevents me from sharing more pictures of my travels, hence make do with what I've got or take a _!_.

My best picture in Paris, taken from a window in the Lourve. The Effiel Tower during sunset. Just partially hidden by a building with the skyline of Paris' historic buildings in the background.


Amsterdam next. JT and I will swear with our lives this is the bridge where Ekin Cheng shook hands with the big bald ang moh in the movie Young and Dangerous. Right across the bridge would be the chinese restaurant where Mr Jiang was shot. I am convinced and nobody try to change my mind.


No visit to Holland would of course be completed without a visit to catch the sights of windmills. Hence after a short train journey to the outskirts of Amsterdam our "dream" was fulfilled.

Paris is truly the romance capital of the world. And of course the Louis Vuitton capital as well. Don't ask me how much I spent. Know that I am an LV whore... Amsterdam leaves you with a erm... "natural" high?

Till the 4th of April then mates!

No comments: